Friday, January 23, 2009

Under the wire

Just realized that I haven't written yet this week, nearly breaking one of my most-kept new year resolutions!

First, let me say that I am currently listening to the third person today walking down the hall whistling circus music. Weird. Where were they when all the craziness was going on last week?

Second, let me say that the t-shirt at bustedtees.com that has a picture of the earth sweating and says "this is why i'm hot" is hilarious. As is the one that has an outline of the country Syria and says "why so Syria?"

Third, Oscars people, come on, get serious. I love Scott Fitzgerald more than many, and was super excited that "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" was being made into a film. But...it wasn't good. It was depressing. And about 45 minutes too long. Brad and Cate, awesome as they may be (Cate especially, she's fantastic), had zero chemistry. There was no development of the love story, and it felt completely flat. And Brad gets a best actor nomination? He had like 7 lines total, most of which were along the lines of "I'm Freezing." Keanu Reeves could do that.

Fourth, Lookouts baseball is only 80 days away!! The Lookouts are rarely actually good, but going to their games is one of my favorite things about Chattanooga. Also, baseball beginning means adios to winter, a farewell I am definitely ready for.

Ok, that's all I've got. Lamest post ever, apologies! I'll do better next week. Now, on to Birmingham!! If you're there, call me. I'd like to see as many of you as possible!!

1 comment:

Arthur said...

i've entered the blog world. will now stalk you and expect you to do the same.